Saturday, June 23, 2012

Dog Days of Summer

Its already been a busy summer with my young bounty hunter being on summer break and us doing all the fun summery things his active imagination can think to be done. Our vegetable garden has taken off like wild fire (but threatens to wilt in all this heat). Mother's and father's have been celebrated and several of us in the family are a year older. We're about to embark on a fun vacation to the ocean and fantasy lands to remain unnamed. Today we speak with a contractor about starting various projects (which I of course have attempted to design in part or in full) to improve our home. I desperately needed a summer wardrope so have invested not only money but time in creating one which fits my lifestyle, body shape and persona. Think polished with an artist twist. An eating plan and exercise has been worked into my daily routine. I'm woefully behind on my garden design project which needs to be completed by September, but it has gotten some time and attention too. The same can not be said of finishing off my last botanical illustration to get my certificate this fall. If all that has not been enough to occupy my mind and resources, I'm also doing a bit of career soul searching, pinpointing skill sets, interests and the like. This all got me thinking about blogging and my defunct 365 day project and how I miss it. Both the weekly blogging and the daily requirement.

I believe I will give starting this up again some serious consideration over vacation and see what comes of it. I may resurrect my photography project or do a daily silly drawing. All I know is despite all the creative demands on my time and energy, I still have an itch to do this. I do hope my few followers who have scattered might return.

Hopefully the Tour-de-Fance and the Olympics this summer will motivate me in this and not side-track me from it.

Cheers,
Reinette

No comments:

Post a Comment